Describe at least one photograph that you could take for each of the following “place” prompts.
- An image of a synthetic “place” such as Disney World, Las Vegas, a Hollywood set, a diorama, etc. - I picture something Lady Gaga-esque. Flashy/Sparkly/Bright, exotic, unexpected and exciting.
- An image of a fantasy/fictitious environment concocted from your imagination - I imagine a scene that is eerie and dreamlike but bright. It is cloudy/foggy and the world is made of strange things, similar to an Alice in Wonderland or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory scene.
- An image of a placeless space such as the Internet, cell phones, e-mail, e-bank, surveillance, etc. - I imagine an abstract image that captures the radio waves, cables, air space, etc. that are used to send each of these forms of communication from one person to another.
- An image of a public space - I immediately imagine a park, filled with trees, benches, and lots of people. The sun is shining brightly and the sky is bright blue.
- An image of a private space - I imagine a bedroom. A place very personal to an individual, a place to get away to.
- An in-between space that brings to mind one of the following ideas: nomadic lifestyles, displacement, rootlessness, out-of-placeness, boundaries, movement, expansion, etc. - I picture the changing scene in one's life as they grow up from childhood to adulthood. One moment you are surrounded by toys and no responsibilities. The next moment you are surrounded by bills and a full time job.